From ladies skirts to pancakes
Happy Pancake Day! We’re very excited about today and it feels like we have been waiting a lifetime for this day to arrive. Technically, we’ve been waiting a year, but you can eat pancakes all year round, the only difference about today is that it’s celebrated across the UK and the world, so its guilt free. We’ve been asking our team and it appears our ladies skirts team are more excited about pancakes than anyone else!
Our ladies skirts team insisted we dedicate this week’s blogs to the love of pancakes, so we will. We’ve asked our ladies skirts team what their favourite pancake toppings are, and here is what they told us.
- Lemon and sugar – traditional but worth every mouthful.
- Orange and Nutella – orange and chocolate go hand in hand, and it’s a must try topping. The chocolate melts into the warm, freshly flipped pancake with the orange soaking up every flavour.
- Banana and Nutella – a match made in heaven. The Nutella for the same reason as above, but the banana, well the banana remains a firm, dominating ingredient for your pancake dish.
- Peanut butter and banana – the ideal choice of topping for the health conscious, fitness enthusiast.
- A simple drizzle of honey across the succulent dessert. Simple but satisfying. You can spruce it with some fresh strawberries, or a fruit of your choice.
- Maple syrup and bacon – don’t knock it until you try it. It’s an American tradition, but I tried their famous pancake dish last year in Florida and it tasted so good!
Now, our ladies skirts team flooded us with sweet pancake toppings, but what about savoury ones?
- Cheese and spinach – a pancaked filled with cheese and spinach is a winner. The cheese automatically melts inside the pancake and in your mouth.
- Potato cakes – an Irish and German tradition, pancakes made with potatoes (and onions in Germany), it’s a savoury sensation and the perfect addition to your breakfast plate.
- Ham and cheese – swapping traditional omelette ingredients for the pancake. Mmmm…
There are so many delicious variations to pancake toppings and ingredients, and there aren’t any right or wrong ways to create them.
So if you’ve been thinking of exciting toppings for your pancakes, then why not try out the above ideas courtesy of our ladies skirts team? We hope you all enjoy your pancakes!